We Look Forward to Hearing From You
Whether you are interested in writing about us, learning more about where to buy or joining our team, you will find all our contact information in this area. Get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Tel: +1.403.289.2177, extension 241
Toll-Free (within North America):
Looking for a Big Opportunity?Like being challenged? Want to change the world? If your answer is yes, then we want to hear from you. Our products are truly revolutionary, but the real secret to our success is the incredibly talented team. As a member of our team, we will encourage you to share your ideas, think big and thrive. Today we are changing the fundamentals of how desktop computers and video walls are deployed and managed around the world. Tomorrow... well that's what we need your help with.
Join Our Team
- Linux Technical Support Representative (Calgary/Victoria)
- Sales Representative (Calgary)
- Field Application Engineer/Sales Consultant for Latin America (Calgary/Quito) | English | Español
- Linux Developer (Calgary)
You will be joining our dynamic Customer Support Team as a Linux Technical Support Representative in our Victoria or Calgary office, providing support to our customers, accepting technical escalations in your areas of expertise, liaising with both clients and our software development team, and maintaining technical documentation.
You love working with hardware and software, and helping people. You have great communications skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, are eager to share your knowledge and skills with our team, and are a superior troubleshooter.
- Provide a superior customer experience through a positive, can-do attitude and technical expertise.
- Answer incoming calls and emails promptly and professionally.
- Create and manage support cases and follow them to full resolution.
- Accept technical escalations in your areas of expertise, and ensure customer issues are resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
- Maintain technical support documentation with up-to-date solutions in simple, plain English.
- Train and mentor colleagues in your areas of expertise, encouraging all team members to develop broad proficiencies.
- Liaise with in-house developers to design and document new solutions when new issues present themselves.
- Reproduce errors for new issues, record and document appropriate data to facilitate bug-fixes.
- Help improve departmental practices, tools and performance.
- Knows and loves Linux.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Strong software background, especially in Red Hat and its derivatives such as CentOS.
- Knowledgeable in Bash shell scripting.
- Ability to isolate and reproduce software and hardware errors.
- Good communication skills in the English language, both written and oral.
- Ability to easily communicate technical information with both highly technical people as well as lay-people.
- Ability to focus on tasks at hand in a busy environment.
- Strongly self-motivated, thriving on challenge, driven to succeed.
Ideal Candidates will also have:
- Written and spoken fluency in Spanish assisting with deployments in Latin America.
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related field is an asset.
- A RHCE / RHCT certificate (Red Hat Certified Engineer/Technician)
- Technical Support Experience.
- Experience with network principles and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experienced with and have a proficiency in Standard Interchange Protocol (SIP1 and SIP2)
- Passion for computers, technology, and Userful's products and mission.
- Great people skills, with a strong customer-service focus.
- High tolerance for change, as our company grows and develops.
- Resiliency under pressure, with a flexible and reliable work style.
- Salary, full benefits, stock options, flexible work schedule.
Userful is looking to expand our sales team to proactively grow sales of public computing products and build a pipeline of opportunities for a newly launched 4k network connected video wall--an exciting product in the high-growth digital signage space.
This is an excellent entry level sales opportunity for someone interested in a career in sales. Reporting to the VP of Sales, the position will include cold calling, inbound lead qualification, helping to develop lead generation campaigns and closing small sales opportunities. Work under the direction of VP of Sales and senior Account Managers to develop solution selling skills, with the objective of growing into independent Account Manager within 6 months in this role.
You want to be part of Userful.
- Prospecting for new accounts and channel partners: cold calling, follow up on inbound inquiries, develop call lists, send follow-up emails
- Help to develop and follow up on lead generation campaigns
- Communicate value proposition to prospective customers and channel partners, in calls, emails and web presentations
- Achieve targets for outbound call volumes and successful customer contacts
- Log contacts, conversations and accounts in CRM system
- Over time, manage accounts through the sales cycle
- Post secondary degree
- Desire to have a career in sales
- Clear and convincing verbal and written communication, in English
- Ability to think on your feet quickly and move through tasks efficiently
- High energy, organized, motivated self-starter
- Effective team player, willing to take instructions and eager to learn
- Competitive pay with fixed and variable(i.e., commission) components and company health benefit plan.
The FAE/Sales Consultant for LATAM plays a critical role in the sales process by performing pre-sales and post sales technical, demonstration and trial support as well as acting as the sales "feet on the street" for the sales rep when applicable. The ideal candidate is proficient in PC technology with extensive Linux experience, has the ability to present and interact with customers in a persuasive manner, is fluent in Spanish and proficient in English. The FAE/Sales Consultant will be part of the LATAM team and take direction from the VP Business Development as well as the LATAM sales representatives. Preference for candidates located in Calgary, Canada or Quito, Ecuador.
- Develop strong relationships with both customer and channel personnel at both business and technical levels
- Able to assess and document customer needs and be able to qualify customers against Userful qualification criteria
- Assist customers to set-up, configure and evaluate Userful solutions on-site
- Develop and respond to the technical portion of customer bid specs
- Deliver compelling technical and training presentations and demos to partners and customers in the local language - Spanish
- Troubleshoot, resolve and internally escalate customer technical issues as they occur
- Work cooperatively with Channel partners to present Userful solutions to customers
- Successfully monitor large roll-outs in a post sales role
- Report detailed bugs using Bugzilla and the Sales request process for customer technical issues and requests
- Qualified applicants would have a university or college degree with 2-5 years experience in Linux-based PC technology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish with secondary language of English
- Strong presentation skills
- The ability to travel to customer sites when needed
- This is a salaried position with bonus, commensurate with experience.
Solicitud Ingeniero de Sistema o Electronico / LATAM Ingeniero de Campo/Consultor de Venta (Calgary/Quito)
Userful Corporation es el líder del mercado en software basado en Linux para la informática de cliente cero y virtualización en un PC puede tener hasta 20 usuarios + con su propia pantalla de gestión de su propia sesión de cómputo. Hemos estado en el negocio durante 13 años y estamos añadiendo una presencia en LATAM para construir sobre nuestros éxitos ya existentes en América del Sur. Una parte fundamental de la cultura de Userful está haciendo del mundo un lugar mejor, lo logramos haciendo que las computadoras sean más accesibles a nivel mundial y la reducción de su huella ecológica.
Resumen de la posición
El Ingeniero/Consultor de Ventas para LATINO AMERICA juega un papel fundamental en el proceso de venta mediante la realización de pre-venta y post-venta técnica, la demostración y la prueba de apoyo, así como en calidad de las ventas "los pies en la calle" para el representante de ventas en su caso. El candidato ideal es un experto en tecnología de PC con una amplia experiencia en Linux, tiene la capacidad de presentar e interactuar con los clientes de una manera persuasiva, habla español con fluidez y competencia en Inglés. El Ingeniero/Consultor de Ventas será parte del equipo de LATAM y seguira la dirección de la VP de Desarrollo de Negocios, así como los representantes de ventas de LATAM. La preferencia por los candidatos ubicados en Calgary Canadá o Quito Ecuador.
Deberes y Responsabilidades
- Desarrollar relaciones sólidas con los clientes y el personal de ambos canales, tanto a nivel de negocio y técnicos.
- Capaz de evaluar y documentar las necesidades del cliente y ser capaz de calificar los clientes frente a los criterios de calificación Userful.
- Ayudar a los clientes a configurar y evaluar soluciones Userful en el sitio.
- Desarrollar y responder en la parte técnica las especificaciones de licitación que presente el clientes.
- Entregar soporte técnico convincentes y presentaciones de capacitación y demostraciones a los socios y clientes en el idioma local - Español.
- Solucionar problemas, resolver y escalar internamente los problemas técnicos de los clientes a medida que ocurren.
- Trabajar en cooperación con los socios de canal para presentar a los clientes soluciones Userful.
- Seguimiento con éxito de grandes despliegues en un papel post venta.
- Informe de los problemas detallados utilizando Bugzilla y el proceso de solicitud de venta de las cuestiones técnicas y las solicitudes de los clientes.
- Los solicitantes calificados tendrían una universidad o un título universitario con 2-5 años de experiencia en tecnología de PC basado en Linux.
- Habilidades de comunicación escrita y verbal Fuerte en español con idiomas secundarios de Inglés.
- Alta habilidades de presentación.
- La posibilidad de viajar, visitando los clientes cuando sea necesario.
- Este es un puesto remunerado con bonos, acorde con la experiencia.
You dream in code. The low-level APIs at the heart of Linux and its X server is your domain, but you also appreciate the need for effective user interfaces. You are multilingual, and C/C++ and Web languages are intimate friends. You insist on crafting software that is solid and maintainable.
You want to be part of something bigger, where your contribution will touch the lives of people planet-wide. Working with an interactive development processes energizes you. You don't fear working closely with your peers, solving problems together to go beyond what any one person could achieve.
You want to be part of Userful.
- Playing an active role in analysis/design discussions.
- Taking design documents and turning them into living code.
- Building software packages for various Linux distributions.
- Finding and implementing solutions to technical problems.
- Assisting software testers and technical support staff as needed.
- Documenting technical details as needed.
- Helping to maintain quality at all levels.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in software development.
- Experience in systems level programming in Linux.
- Experience in X Window System programming is preferred.
- Understanding of the Linux kernel, its video drivers, and device management is an asset.
- University degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent logic and troubleshooting skills.
- Quality oriented and diligent.
- Flexible and adaptable individual.
- Works well individually and with a team.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with source code management systems such as GIT.
- Salary, full benefits, stock options, flexible work schedule.
Toll-Free in North America: +1.866.873.9126
Reseller or Partner Inquiries
Toll-Free in North America: +1.866.USERFUL (+1.866.873.7385)
International: +1.403.289.2177, extension 795
We Can Help
Our support page at support.userful.com is a wealth of useful information that can help answer many of your questions about installation, trouble-shooting and recommendations for installing extra hardware like printers. If you are a customer requiring additional support, please submit a support request.
Submit a Support Request
Toll-free in North America: +1.866.873.9119