Junior Quality Assurance Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our growing technical team in the Calgary office.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work within a team of Quality Assurance and Development professionals
- Participate in application regression testing, as well as testing and documentation of new features
- Create and maintain test cases to cover existing functionality, and new features
- Help to ensure quality is maintained throughout the lifecycle of a product
- Document found issues, write clear bug reports detailing these issues and the potential problems they may create
- Participate in reviews of new features and bug fixes to determine risk and estimate work required
- Assist in defining best practices, standards, and processes for the QA team
- Learn new QA-related skills and help to improve overall team capabilities
- Participate in creating criteria for User Acceptance Testing
- Recommend improvements to business processes and systems to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Assist support groups as required to find solutions and workarounds for identified issues
- Minimum 1 year of technical experience in a software development process
- Experience working with a variety of applications and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to create clear documentation, and present findings to team members or users of varying technical skill levels
- Able to review complex requirements and identify deficiencies and issues requiring clarification
- Understanding of software development processes, and quality assurance tools such as issue tracking systems, and test case management systems
- Able to be a team player, and also capable of taking responsibility for projects milestones with a minimum of supervision
- A post-secondary degree or technical diploma You must be eligible to work in Canada
We’re Looking Forward to Hearing from You!
Send a resume and optional cover letter to email@example.com with “Junior QA Analyst” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however due to the large volume of applications usually received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Userful Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.