Userful Certified 8-Core Xeon CPU processor, 64GB RAM , 1TB SSD (from Lenovo or HP )
- Nvidia RTX 2080 or Quadro video card
- 10 Gig Ethernet/SFP
- 16 HDMI capture ports
- Rack mount kit
1Gbps NIC & 1gig uplink port on switch
- Up to 25 displays on a video wall OR up to 12 independent displays playing 1080p sources (up to 30 with lower resolution):
10Gpbs NIC & 10gig uplink port on switch
Isolated network or subnet is strongly recommended for all zero client receivers.
Varies up to 7Gbps between Userful on premise server and displays based on the type of session and source being played.
External capture cards supported
- DeckLink Quad2: SDI, 1080p (Full HD) @ 60fps, RGB, YUV (8x Inputs)
Note that while capture cards are not HDCP compliant but customers can use additional add on devices to deliver protected sources.
Video walls of up to 100+ displays from a single server
- 14-16x 1080, 2-3x 4K, 6K or 8K content
- Multiple browser sources, heavy Multi-Window/ Picture-in-Picture
- 16x 1080p video capture
Note: upscaling allows each display to play source at the display’s native resolution.
Supported External Sources
Real time video camera feed (RTSP), Live TV, Laptop or PC input, Media player, HDMI and SDI input, DVD, Gaming console, desktop streaming using VNC and RDP.
Supported Internal Sources
Video playlist, Interactive Desktop, Full screen browser, Image+video slideshow, Desktop applications.
FLAC, AAC, H.264, H.265, DV, MPEG2, Theora, Vorbis, VPX, XviD
AVI, ASF, MKV, MPG, MP4, OGV, MOV
.gif, .pbm, .pgm, .png, .ppm, .qif, .qti, .tif, .tiff, .jpe, .jpg, .jpeg, .qtif, .webp
Other Source Types
Flash, HTML5, WebGL, 3d, RDP VNC, RTSP, RTP
Zero Client Receiver Video Output
Maximum output 1920x1080 @ 60FPS (1080p60) per zero client receiver.
30 fps (recommended)
60 fps (increases network bandwidth and GPU resources)
Scaling can be done on the server side, on the display side or both. Server side scaling uses cubic lancos. Heavy scaling on the server side increases the number of pixels delivered through the network so may require 10gig NIC on PC and 10gig uplink port on the switch.
- Admin can choose to output sound to:
- the output jacks on the Userful server. This limits sound to one audio source.
- 3.5mm stereo audio output jack
- the display directly (via HDMI cable)
Admin can also designate which zero-client device outputs the sound.
Keyboard, Mouse & USB Device Support
Userful’s Interactive Viewer feature can be used to control the mouse and keyboard of a video wall, zone or standalone display running an interactive (desktop, remote desktop, or web browser) session.
- English (en)
- French (fr)
- Italian (it)
- German (de)
- Spanish (es)
- Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR)
- Turkish (tr)
- Japanese (ja)
- Traditional Chinese (zh_TW)
- Simplified Chinese (zh_CN)
- Korean (ko)
- Romanian (ro)
- Persian (fa)
- Ukrainian (uk_UA)
- Thai (th_TH)
- Vietnamese (VI)
- Nepali (ne)
- Simple network zero client player attached to each display
- Intuitive drag and drop browser GUI interface accessible from any device
- Supports non-standard configurations — such as 1x4 or 1x9 video walls
- Downloadable ISO on DVD media or USB key. 20 min install process installs the full (Linux based) server appliance operating system
- Userful server can be located anywhere within the LAN, such as in a server room
- Userful server can be upgraded or replaced without touching endpoint devices
- Server can be rack mounted
Userful is built upon the latest release of CentOS/RHEL and receives regular updates via update tools built into the Userful Control Center web interface.
- Requires HDMI connection
- Use any commercial or consumer display: LED, LCD, monitor, projector, rear projection display.
Role Based Access control
- Designate and restrict specific features based on custom teams. Assign users to groups based on team membership or individual roles.