Quality Assurance Analyst-Intermediate
Userful is looking for an Intermediate QA Analyst with keen understanding of technical concepts related to AV over IP, experience with QA best practices, and an interest in constantly improving the way things work. This role will work on Control Room solutions within our QA team, and help to improve the overall quality focus of all of our products (including the ones that don’t exist yet).
The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience with testing mission-critical software in conjunction with hardware, some history dealing with the organization and implementation of Enterprise-class Quality Assurance practices, and ability to take the lead on initiatives.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work within a team of Quality Assurance and Development professionals
- Actively participate in the definition of new features by providing feedback and experience-based guidance
- Take the initiative in helping to define best practices, standards, and processes for the QA team, and passing those on to other team members
- Coordinate activities of the technical testing team across project and support needs
- Work with Solution Leads to identify areas of low test coverage and high risk, and plan to fill those gaps
- Organize, create and maintain test cases to cover existing functionality, and new features
- Determine risk and estimate work required for the technical testing team
- Recommend improvements to business processes and systems to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Help to push a quality focus for all involved participants throughout the lifecycle of a product
- Document found issues, write clear bug reports detailing these issues and the potential problems they may create
- Learn new QA-related skills and share them to improve overall team capabilities
- Define criteria and coordinate User Acceptance testing
- Assist support groups as required to find solutions and workarounds for identified issues
- Minimum 4 years of technical experience in Software Quality Assurance
- Technical understanding of complex networking setups, and AV over IP concepts. Experience with LED display technology would be an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to create clear documentation, and present findings and methods to team members or users of varying technical skill levels
- Able to help develop skills of other team members through training sessions, and cooperative work
- Experience working with a variety of applications and technologies
- Able to review complex requirements and identify deficiencies and issues requiring clarification
- Understanding of Quality Assurance best practices, and tools such as issue tracking systems and test case management systems
- Able to be a team player, and also capable of taking the lead on project milestones with a minimum of supervision
- A post-secondary degree or technical diploma
- You must be eligible to work in Canada
We offer a competitive package comprising salary, stock opions, health benefits plan. Regular work week consists of forty hours with flex time, as Userful strives to support a work-life balance. A health benefit plan, gum, friendly corporate environment, connection to the +15 on the second floor, and many other incentives are included for all of our employees.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity and Diversity
Hiring decisions are based on qualifications, job requirements, and business needs. All applicants are considered regardless of race, religious beliefs, gender, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, national origin, marital status, or sexual orientation. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is also available on request during the recruitment process.
Userful has a Zero Tolerance policy and is opposed to all forms of harassment or retaliation, including sexual, racial, and ethnic or religious harassment, regardless of whether the harassment or retaliation occurs directly or indirectly.
We look forward to hearing from you!