The Sales Engineer supports the pre-sales process for our software solutions sales team for customers who require intelligent display solutions from digital signage to video wall applications. Activities of this position include: building relationships with potential customers, current customers and sales partners, deliver presentations and demonstrations to articulate the features and differentiators of our Solutions software products, investigate and understand the prospect’s needs, remove roadblocks and create architect solution designs, write proposals and strategize with Sales Account Specialists to drive sales, configure/customize/install solutions at customer locations. Candidates must have presentation, excellent communications skills, both verbal and written and have enterprise software pre-sales experience.
- Director Customer Experience
- This position is based out of Calgary, Canada
What You Will Be Doing
- Conduct discovery calls and qualify prospects with Account Sales Specialists.
- Strategize with Account Sales Specialists to drive sales of Solutions offerings.
- Create, update and present targeted PowerPoint presentations.
- Obtain good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Train partners and customers on the Solutions offerings.
- Clearly articulate features and differentiate solutions product offerings to audiences ranging from CO’s to engineers to convince about Solutions technological superiority. Remove roadblocks.
- Develop business relationships with prospects, customers, partners and sales teams to further sales opportunities.
- Be a team player communicating with colleagues and other department members.
- Design, install & configure solution implementations to meet customer’s specifications.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from customers.
- Prioritize incoming technical issues. Escalate issues to the appropriate department.
- Consult and document customer requirements – proposing workarounds to support the flow of the sales process and write PRD for future roadmap planning.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and application sources.
- Test fixes to ensure the problem has been adequately resolved.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends to prevent future problems.
- Ability to work occasionally during evenings and weekends. Willingness to travel
- College diploma or university degree in the field of information technology or computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years experience in a pre-sales or IT consulting role working with enterprise software solutions.
- Successful experience communicating with IT executives and technical staff.
- Proficiency with computer hardware, LINUX and LAN/WAN network infrastructures.
- Advanced knowledge of routing and switching, firewall & proxy architecture design.
- In depth understanding of communication protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Good knowledge enterprise access control models and network security.
- Experience with large enterprise corporate IT, ProAV integration, or control-rooms are pluses.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English language. Additional understanding of local languages is a strong plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative sales environment.
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CCENT / CCNA / or higher
We offer a competitive package comprising salary, stock options, health benefits plan. Regular work weeks consist of forty hours with flex time, as Userful strives to support a work-life balance. A health benefit plan, gym, friendly corporate environment, connection to the +15 on the second floor, and many other incentives are included for all of our employees.
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunity and Diversity
Hiring decisions are based on qualifications, job requirements, and business needs. All applicants are considered regardless of race, religious beliefs, gender, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, national origin, marital status, or sexual orientation. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is also available on request during the recruitment process.
Userful has a Zero Tolerance policy and is opposed to all forms of harassment or retaliation, including sexual, racial, and ethnic or religious harassment, regardless of whether the harassment or retaliation occurs directly or indirectly.
We look forward to hearing from you!