Software R&D Engineer
Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Software R&D Engineer/Scientist will be working in the field of digital multimedia technology development in the CTO office.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with CTO Office leadership to identify, prototype and evaluate new multimedia and streaming technologies for corporate and enterprise applications
- Collaborate with engineering to architect and productize these technologies as new features in existing products, new product offerings, and as performance enhancements
- Work closely with the engineering team to transfer proven concepts and technologies from the CTO office into development and serve as an ongoing resource for questions and technical hurdles that arise during development
- Work closely with the product management team to review new features and technology requests that need to be reviewed by the CTO’s Office
- Defining technical work tasks and project steps and drafting and reviewing requirements
- Evaluating 3rd party technologies and products
- Coming up with creative solutions to complex problems
- Work on written documents and reports in support of CTO office
- Strong technical knowledge of digital multimedia, streaming protocols, video/audio encoding formats and a good mathematical foundation
- Programming and configuration skills to support early prototyping of new technologies
- Technical writing and communication skills to effectively convey ideas (or answer questions) that arise
- Passion for multimedia, streaming and video technologies
- Strong understanding of open source software and ecosystems
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree or equivalent experience
- Eligibility to work in Canada
- This position may require successful completion of a criminal background check
- Experience with C and Python
- Experience with Gstreamer
- Experience with HLS, WebRTC, and related streaming protocols
- Experience with CUDA programming
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Linux
- Experience in technical writing
- Degree in computer science or related engineering field
Competitive package comprises Salary, stock options, health benefits plan.
Regular work weeks consist of forty hours with flex time, as Userful strives to support a work-life balance. A health benefit plan, gym, friendly corporate environment, connection to the +15 on the second floor, and many other incentives are included for all of our employees.
Userful Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, due to the large volume of applications usually received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you!