Technical Document Writer
Userful has a high standard for client satisfaction, and has grown into an industry leader in Support and Service. Our belief in clear and effective communication is one of our driving factors for success. We are searching for an experienced technical document writer to join our team and help take our client-focused documentation to new heights. The ideal candidate will possess proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development or engineering; with the ability to evaluate and analyze complex information. Possessing the natural desire to help people understand extremely technical information, in a non technical way. If this sounds like you, apply today!
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience,
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference material, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Research, draft, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with multiple departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture that upholds organizational and legal standards
- Other duties as may be assigned Testing
- Software Development Life Cycle experience/exposure is an asset.
- Education background in English Literature, or related experience.
- Prior experience with Enterprise-level documentation, including punctuation, grammar, spelling, structure and flow
- Strong attention to detail
Regular work weeks consist of forty hours with flex time, as Userful strives to support a work-life balance. A health benefit plan, gym, friendly corporate environment, connection to the +15 on the second floor, and many other incentives are included for all of our employees.
We’re Looking Forward to Hearing from You!
Send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com with “Technical Document Writer” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however due to the large volume of applications usually received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Userful Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.